Mike Rea's Recovery Info & Updates

Mike's family created this blog to acknowledge our heartfelt appreciation for all your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes since his accident. Please check back regularly for updates on his condition and recovery process. We know all of you will keep Mike and his family in your prayers!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark, Delaware

On June 16, 2006, Mike was doing what he loves most in the world~training a race horse! One minute, friends saw him go by at a full gallop. Thirty minutes later, he was found unconscious and barely breathing. Mike endured an emergency helicopter ride to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Unit where doctors determined he had suffered a severe brain injury and was placed in ICU in critical condition. After three weeks, Mike was transferred to Kernan Rehabilitation Center, then Sunbridge Care and Rehabilitation. He returned home in October ‘06 and continues to work on his recovery. We have experienced much hope and joy as we have witnessed Mike's miraculous journey towards recovery. Mike IS A MIRACLE (the exact words of his neurologist) and continues to surprise his health care providers. Mike faces each day with courage, faith and perseverance; his new job consisting of physical therapy and theraputic riding. Mike is currently undergoing Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and is experiencing great progress! FOR THOSE WHO HAVE OFFERED ASSISTANCE, A "MIKE REA RECOVERY RELIEF FUND" HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED TO HELP WITH MIKE'S MEDICAL AND DAILY NEEDS.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wishing Everyone A Merry Christmas

I kept wondering when this day would get here and for some reason it seems like it's taken a long time. MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone and may you be found in good spirits and happy with the way life is treating you. I couldn't be any happier even if I was well and working normally.Just about everything that goes on in my life is due to this accident so all the good things and good people I have met would definitely not have happened if the accident hadn't occurred. And it just continues on with the renewing of old friendships to the starting of remarkable new friendships and being used by God in ways I would have never dreamed possible and the best is yet to come. I am so thankful to the Lord and the old friendships he has rekindled and the new friendships he has ignited. From all the special people from The Friends of Barbaro to All the people who have been friends for 20 years or more to the new friends I've just met like Dawn, the girl who suffered a similar injury some 18 years ago and I feel a very close connection to. What a Christmas season to be getting back to where I can remember so much more. Next is to work at the physical side of recovery and see that continue to improve. And I'm sure with work and prayer and help from all my friends it will improve to a level that amazes everyone. MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR and I'll write more as it comes. Thanks again!!!!! Mike Rea

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,
I will ALWAYS be here for you, I PROMISE!!! I want you to do EVERYTHING again, like you use to do!!! I would like to say a great big THANK-YOU to everyone whom has helped you and stood right by you, threw all this!! That makes me Dawn, feel realy good inside, that you have friends like this!! And I do LOVE Mike, for the peson he is,
and hope to spend a whole lot of time with him, on his recovery!! I would like to wish EVERYONE a VERY Merry Christmas and a WONDERFUL and safe New Year too!! I LOVE YOU Mike, NEVER, EVER forget that!!
Love You
My Miracle
Dawn

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone, my name is Dawn, and Mike spent about 4 hours with me Christmas Eve, and eat dinner with me, and my Mother and Lenny! It was VERY enjoyable!! And Mike is doing a whole lot better with himself, because I am in a wheel-chair, will be in one for the rest of my life,, and Mike likes to push me around, and he walks with out falling down. I am getting him to remember things alot also!! Him and I talk on the phone or E-mail each other everyday, and I give him reminders of what he has to do that day!! I am a strong girl, and would LOVE to help Mike, in every way, that I can!!!!! I have red comments from, alot of Mikes friends, and am very impressed with all of the careing that you have!! I will make a PROMISE to EVERYONE, even God himself, that I will be here for Mike, I know he can do it!! I won't stop untill Mike walks without any support!! I just wanted to tell you about yesterday and inform you how Mike was!! Hope you DO'T mind, but he was with e yesterday and thought you would like to know how it was!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS and have a WONDERFUL and safe New Years yoo!!
Love and God Bless
Dawn

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com