Mike Rea's Recovery Info & Updates

Mike's family created this blog to acknowledge our heartfelt appreciation for all your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes since his accident. Please check back regularly for updates on his condition and recovery process. We know all of you will keep Mike and his family in your prayers!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Newark, Delaware

On June 16, 2006, Mike was doing what he loves most in the world~training a race horse! One minute, friends saw him go by at a full gallop. Thirty minutes later, he was found unconscious and barely breathing. Mike endured an emergency helicopter ride to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Unit where doctors determined he had suffered a severe brain injury and was placed in ICU in critical condition. After three weeks, Mike was transferred to Kernan Rehabilitation Center, then Sunbridge Care and Rehabilitation. He returned home in October ‘06 and continues to work on his recovery. We have experienced much hope and joy as we have witnessed Mike's miraculous journey towards recovery. Mike IS A MIRACLE (the exact words of his neurologist) and continues to surprise his health care providers. Mike faces each day with courage, faith and perseverance; his new job consisting of physical therapy and theraputic riding. Mike is currently undergoing Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and is experiencing great progress! FOR THOSE WHO HAVE OFFERED ASSISTANCE, A "MIKE REA RECOVERY RELIEF FUND" HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED TO HELP WITH MIKE'S MEDICAL AND DAILY NEEDS.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Message to Mike from Bobby J. (AKA "Barbaro")

Mike, you are healing, be patient and still
Soon you’ll recover, I know that you will.

Keep doing as I do and; go with the flow.
Just do what they say even though it seems slow.

Eat all your carrots, good food for the brain.
Without all my carrots, I would go insane.

See if your doctors will let you have some fresh air.
There is nothing like it, now that I am out there.

We will win our races at the end of the day,
And if we don’t I guess I’ll eat hay.

Maybe we will get to go home together
We’ll have a good neigh, while enjoying the weather.

Just look at me, I am out of my sling,
The day will soon come when we both will sing.

(Did I say that? Have you heard the story about “Perhaps the horse will learn to sing?”) Maybe I will at that since people are talking about me running for President as a dark horse candidate! Big Horse Laugh!

Your Friend,

Bobby J. (AKA “Barbaro”)

Written by: Melissa Harden from Tim Woolley's website (TWR)


Melissa is a very talented and has written several poems, messages to Mike and for Mike. He loves each and every one and it really does help him in his recovery. Rochelle, Baby Gracie, and Trish her sister are visiting today. Mother ran errands and I caught up on everything. Thanks so much for all your comments, messages here and on TWR's site. I light candles for everyone and prayer for everyone also. There is so much healing and recovering going on. It amazes me what each and every one of us can do for that person or horse. God bless you all. I will write again later. Getting ready to go visit Mikey now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com